Mike U

Default Header and Footer Missing

I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U
Doug Robbins

Move the mouse to the junction between two pages until the cursor changes to
upwards and downwards pointing arrows and a tip appears saying "Show white
space" Now, click the left mouse button. Or, from the Tools menu, select
Options and then go to the View tab and you will find an option there for
turning on or off the display of the white space at the top/bottom of the
page.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Mike U" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I
doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U

Mike U

Thnks for your help Doug. I tried both your suggestions to no avail. The
Cursor does not change to up/down arrows but to the normal mouse pointer
arrow. Also the View tab seems to have no such option. Now I'm really
confused!!

"Mike U" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I
doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U

Daiya Mitchell

This page explains it a different way. Try again:
See he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

"White space" is not an issue in Word 2000.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Move the mouse to the junction between two pages until the cursor changes

upwards and downwards pointing arrows and a tip appears saying "Show white
space" Now, click the left mouse button. Or, from the Tools menu, select
Options and then go to the View tab and you will find an option there for
turning on or off the display of the white space at the top/bottom of the
page.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a

paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Mike U" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I
doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U

Mike U

Absolutely, the first thing I checked! Another part of the same problem is
that when I open the header, the rest of the text in the main document does
not appear, even if I select it "on" in the H&F toolbar. However, if there
are any spelling or grammar erros, the red and greem underscores do show up.
Its like the text is turning white instead of grey. Is this possible??

"Mike U" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I

doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U

Obviously, it's "possible" since you're experiencing it (unless you're
making this up just to be difficult g) My guess would be that the document
is damaged; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm for some
suggestions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you're in Print Layout view and not Normal or Web Layout?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mike U" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000 SP3. I can't see headers and footers in Page

Layout
view. They are there in Print Preview and they print out OK. What am I

doing
wrong??
--
Many thanks

Mike U

Mike U

Actually, the problem is that I am an idiot!! I'm using a an LCD monitor and
it suddenly occurred to me that I may have the contrast out of whack. I just
switched it back to Auto and guess what appeared?? I beg forgiveness from all
of you who tried to help me. (I'm also pleased I fixed it!!)