Ollieblue

Default why are my footnotes invisible in print layout mode in Windows?

I am trying to view a document in 'print layout' mode. I know there is a
footnote but cannot see it no matter if I click 'view footnotes' or not. I
can only see it if I change it to 'Normal layout'. Why?
Anne Troy

The most likely reason is that your margins are not appropriate for your
printer. Try the information here to determine minimum margins for your
printer.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Ollieblue" wrote in message
I am trying to view a document in 'print layout' mode. I know there is a
footnote but cannot see it no matter if I click 'view footnotes' or not.

can only see it if I change it to 'Normal layout'. Why?

Anne Troy

Sorry, Ollie. Did you make sure your bottom margin and your footer margin
are at least .75" ? That's all my printer is capable of. Maybe yours is
similar. Why don't you do that as a test?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Ollieblue" wrote in message
I am trying to view a document in 'print layout' mode. I know there

is a
footnote but cannot see it no matter if I click 'view footnotes' or

not.
can only see it if I change it to 'Normal layout'. Why?

garfield-n-odie

Try clicking on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document
| OK. Even if "One" already appears to be selected, click on it
anyway.

Ollieblue wrote:

I am trying to view a document in 'print layout' mode. I know there is a
footnote but cannot see it no matter if I click 'view footnotes' or not. I
can only see it if I change it to 'Normal layout'. Why?

Is there a chance that your footnote is actually an endnote? Try looking at
the end of the section/document.

"Ollieblue" wrote in message
I am trying to view a document in 'print layout' mode. I know there is a
footnote but cannot see it no matter if I click 'view footnotes' or not.

can only see it if I change it to 'Normal layout'. Why?

Klaus Linke

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Is there a chance that your footnote is actually an endnote? Try looking
at
the end of the section/document.

.... or double-click on the reference to see where that takes you.

Klaus

Ollieblue

ok, have checked the note and it is a footnote, not an endnote. Also, the
'format, column' makes no difference. But this thing about looking up the
original reference...

Well, in the document, that has been deleted. When you click on 'view,
markup' in 'print layout' you can see all the deleted comments / changes down
the side. And there you can see that the references 1 and 2 have been
deleted. But you still cannot see the actual footnotes and their comments...