Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Default page layout

word 2003 when i start word up it starts with a horizontally split page that
is square and says that there are two pages per sheet. if I try to change
it to normal it tells me 'increasing right margin causes last column to
become too narrow in some sections having unevenly spaced columns' ok
well it is not ok but there is only the one button to press. The only way
I can get a A4 page in portrait is to load an old letter and wipe all the
info. If I change the margins in the page set up box to the ones being used
by the old page I've just uploaded it still gives me the previous note and
refuses to go into normal A4 portrait. I have tried saving the made A4 page
and exiting the word program with it up and clearing formats from the edit
pull down, I have even wiped office off my computer and reloaded it but it is
still the same. Can anyone shine a light on the problem please?
--
Thanks Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, OK. Then try
resetting the Page Setup. If this works in a single document, you'll need to
make the change in Normal.dot (you can change the Page Setup using the
Default... button in the dialog, but you have to open Normal.dot to make the
change in the Columns dialog); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sarianne sarianne is offline

Hi Bob! Did you harvest good answers? This bugs me too, other settings
similar didnt work, we use cm system here in Finland not pt and pt settings
are screwed up, yours friendly Sara

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you read the reply by Suzanne S. Barnhill?

If you are also having problems with the unit of measurement, you may
want to take a look at http://gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Sorry Stefan I don't know how to access anything by Suzanne S. Barnhill she
hasn't sent a reply to me?
--
Thanks Bob

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Hi Suzanne, I am sorry your first response isn't on my reply page but the
second one is and is a perfect answer to my problem thankyou for your time
and the solution. I went to the web site you gave me and couldn't believe how
easy it was. I was unaware that the document automatically loads NORMAL.DOT
as your template but I have changed it and might even experiment with giving
me different documents from there thanks again.
--
Thanks Bob

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Hi again Sarianne, I don't know for sure how this web site works yet. would
you do me a favour and tell me if you are able to read the reply I have been
sent by Suzanne S Barnhill. If so you will see that it solves my problem
perfectly, if not I will try to copy it to you
--
Thanks Bob

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Hi Stefan, thank you for your interest, for some reason Suzannes message
didn't get to me but with you highlighting it I put on the site that I had
not seen her message and she sent it again, not only that but it solved my
problem perfectly thanks to you for mentioning it.
--
Thanks Bob

"Bob" kirjoitti:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Hi Sarianne, I have heard no more from you and don't know how else to contact
you please answer this and the last letter
--
Thanks Bob