Shawn

Default "TAB" key not drilling down outline numbered list?

In Word2003 my "TAB" key is not drilling down to the next level of a numbered
list (outline numbered and bulleted lists as well). Instead I just get an
actual TAB in but it doesn't slide over to the next number down. It is not
the document as I have tried it on other machines. Am I missing a setting
somewhere or is this a MS error? Getting desparate. Please help. THanks.
Shawn.
jem01354

Hi Shawn

I have Word 2000 and have done a bit of investigating. Try the following
.... you never know, it might be the same in 2003:

Tools Options Edit select 'Tabs and backspace set left indent' OK

Failing that, use the increase indent button on the Formatting toolbar.

Good luck!

"Shawn" wrote:

In Word2003 my "TAB" key is not drilling down to the next level of a numbered
list (outline numbered and bulleted lists as well). Instead I just get an
actual TAB in but it doesn't slide over to the next number down. It is not
the document as I have tried it on other machines. Am I missing a setting
somewhere or is this a MS error? Getting desparate. Please help. THanks.
Shawn.

Shawn

Actually that put me on to the right thing. It is...

ToolsAutocorrect OptionsAutoformat as you typeSet left and first indent
with tabs and backspaces.

I never would have found that. I have no idea how it was "unchecked".
Thanks!

Shawn