Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwrcatalina kwrcatalina is offline

Default Template for fill-in form

I have created a fill-in form template for use by others in the office. When
I try to protect it, I can only type 1 character in each field. As long as I
leave it unprotected, I can type any number of characters. Can anyone help
me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Check the properties of the form fields. Is there a "Maximum length"
specified?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kwrcatalina" wrote in message
I have created a fill-in form template for use by others in the office.
When
I try to protect it, I can only type 1 character in each field. As long
as I
leave it unprotected, I can type any number of characters. Can anyone
help
me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kwrcatalina kwrcatalina is offline

When I click on properties in the developer tab, it gives only a few options.
"Maximum Length" does not appear there. Is there somewhere else I should
look?

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Check the properties of the form fields. Is there a "Maximum length"
specified?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kwrcatalina" wrote in message
I have created a fill-in form template for use by others in the office.
When
I try to protect it, I can only type 1 character in each field. As long
as I
leave it unprotected, I can type any number of characters. Can anyone
help
me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which version of Word is this? And what kind of field did you insert? What
options *do* you see in the options dialog box?