Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth B. Ruth B. is offline

Default Speeding pagination of document

The bar above the task bar on lower left hand screen where the pages you have
typed are noted - is speeding up to page number 20,650 and I cannot
type any further in what is already a 50 page document, nor can I stop it.
What do I need to do? How did this happen?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's a classic sign of a corrupt document. Try the fixes detailed he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm
especially Save as Web Page.

Ruth B. wrote:
The bar above the task bar on lower left hand screen where the pages you have
typed are noted - is speeding up to page number 20,650 and I cannot
type any further in what is already a 50 page document, nor can I stop it.
What do I need to do? How did this happen?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

This is probably a corrupt document. Have you tried Open and Repair?
That is:- File, Open, select file, down arrow, Open and Repair.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Ruth B." wrote:

The bar above the task bar on lower left hand screen where the pages you have
typed are noted - is speeding up to page number 20,650 and I cannot
type any further in what is already a 50 page document, nor can I stop it.
What do I need to do? How did this happen?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the File Open dialog, there is a downward-pointing arrow on the right
end of the Open button. After choosing the file, click that arrow to get a
small menu. Click "Open and Repair" in that menu.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman