Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bella Bella is offline

Default what is reason that I cant get the Font to work in Word 2003?

I recently got a new computer from my college. I needed to do notes on Word
2003. I did some notes, then I could not find the notes and the notes shown
in my documents would not open. Then I get a message about document recovery
of my notes. Someone thought that I must have deleted my notes. I tried
again today and now I cant get the font to work. What could be my problem? V

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I'm confused. Are you asking about a lost file or about a font that doesn't
work? If it's the font issue, explain "cant get the font to work".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bella" wrote in message
I recently got a new computer from my college. I needed to do notes on
Word
2003. I did some notes, then I could not find the notes and the notes
shown
in my documents would not open. Then I get a message about document
recovery
of my notes. Someone thought that I must have deleted my notes. I tried
again today and now I cant get the font to work. What could be my
problem? V

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do you mean by "can't get the font to work"?

If someone sent you a document from another computer, it might use a
font that isn't on your computer, and it opened in Courier or
something? Just select the whole thing (Ctrl-A) and make it a font
that you do have. (Then immediatly click in the document to deselect
it, so you don't accidentally delete the whole thing!) Then Save it
immediately (Ctrl-S).

On Jun 10, 5:35*pm, Bella wrote:
I recently got a new computer from my college. *I needed to do notes on Word
2003. * I did some notes, then I could not find the notes and the notes shown
in my documents would not open. *Then I get a message about document recovery
of my notes. * Someone thought that I must have deleted my notes. *I tried
again today and now I cant get the font to work. *What could be my problem? *V

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bella Bella is offline

Default My font isn't working, documents are missing and can't recover

"Bella" wrote:

Let me explain: I have a "new" computer that the IT department at my
college gave me last week. I brought it home and started to notice some
problems. On the Word problems, I was doing some typing in Word 2003 for
notes. The next day I went in to start again on my notes and there was the
file listed but when I opened it, there was nothing there. That is one
problem. Why are my notes not staying in any document? But later I got a
message that my Word notes had been recovered. So I went and did what it
said to recover these notes, but I could not recover them. An error message
came up to send to Microsoft. That is another problem, why could I not
recover the recovery documents? The IT dept asked me if I may have deleted
these notes and I dont think so. I tried again to do some notes save them
and again they are not there. Then while I was working on doing these notes
to save them, I had really small fonts like none readable and yet they were
showing up as 18 pt New Times Roman in Bold. I could not get them to be the
font they were supposed to be. Why would this occur?
I think that all of these occurances are happening because of maybe one main
reason so this is good to explain maybe all that happened with the Word 2003.

I recently got a new computer from my college. I needed to do notes on Word
2003. I did some notes, then I could not find the notes and the notes shown
in my documents would not open. Then I get a message about document recovery
of my notes. Someone thought that I must have deleted my notes. I tried
again today and now I cant get the font to work. What could be my problem? V

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you connecting to some central university computer somewhere, and
saving your work there instead of on your own computer? That can
apparently cause all sorts of problems.

Where are these "messages" coming from that you refer to? (Other than
the "send error report to Microsoft." That happens all the time. Who
knows whether it ever does any good.)