Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gjc228 gjc228 is offline

Default How do I permanently change default formatting of numbering

I prefer to work in cm and currently my copy of Office 2003 displays margins
etc as the metric equivalent of inches. That is not a problem for margins or
tabs as I've reset these to what I want in normal.dot. However, when it
comes to numbering and bullets, things are set to 0.63, 1.27 etc and
documents always default to having an indent and these settings. How can I
change the default so that numbering starts with no indent and at 1 cm, (then
2 cm etc for outline lists)? Having to reset every time is becoming a real
pain.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For more on what Graham is suggesting, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP