Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Clear form fields when document is protected and more..

Hi,

1. As I can see the formfield button "clear form fields" is greyed out
and cannot be used when the document is locked/protected. I would like
this feature as I complete the form, then print, then have to erase the
complete form.. How? (protected with possibility to complete forms).

2. As the document is closed I must ensure that other users doesnt save
any content to the document, how can this be done? .. Ie; users that
open the document are allowed to fill in forms and print the document,
but not allowed to save any filled in data. how?

Thanks,

Øystein

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have tried using the "ResetFormFields", but it cannot be used when
the document is locked.

I have also found this, but cannot figure out how to use the "Protect"
method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...FormFields.asp

/øystein

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You should make the form a template (.dot) file rather than a document
(.doc) file.

Then when people use it they will, by default, create a document based on it
without changing the underlying template.

If you also want to stop them saving the documents they create, you can
attempt to do that with VBA but you can only stop casual saves - not
determined users.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

1. As I can see the formfield button "clear form fields" is greyed out
and cannot be used when the document is locked/protected. I would like
this feature as I complete the form, then print, then have to erase the
complete form.. How? (protected with possibility to complete forms).

2. As the document is closed I must ensure that other users doesnt save
any content to the document, how can this be done? .. Ie; users that
open the document are allowed to fill in forms and print the document,
but not allowed to save any filled in data. how?

Thanks,

Øystein

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ok, thanks.

What about clearing forms while the document is open?

/øystein

margaritta1601 margaritta1601 is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Hi /øystein,

Please note that I an not an expert on the subject... Just a lucky bird!

Here is what I did for my PROTECTED form to clear the fields every time I opened it: (Please note data entered will not be saved!) and I am assuming that you are using Word 2003 on XP...

Sub AutoOpen ()
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
ActiveDocument.ResetFormFields
ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields

Good Luck!

Marg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post