Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bigbrian bigbrian is offline

Default Multiple watermarks

I'd like to have different watermarks on each page of a document, but
it doesn't seem to be possible? I can't put them in the header or
footer and then use section breaks because the watermark is intended
to take up the whole page, and if I make the header take up the whole
page that leaves me nowhere to write the text, since you don't seem to
able to write document text over the top of the header area.

Is my only solution to drop the proposed watermark onto the page as an
image, taking up the whole page and resort to text boxes overlaid on
top, which I really wouldn't be very happy with, or is there a better
solution?

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A header can be anywhere on the page and a graphic inserted in the header
(eg a watermark) can have its layout wrapping option set to behind text and
you can write over it.

If you want a different watermark on each page, then there is not a lot of
point in putting them in the header. Put the graphic directly on the page
and set its layout wrapping option to behind text. Note that if you need to
select an image that is behind text, you must use the white arrow selector
on the drawing toolbar.

bigbrian wrote:
I'd like to have different watermarks on each page of a document, but
it doesn't seem to be possible? I can't put them in the header or
footer and then use section breaks because the watermark is intended
to take up the whole page, and if I make the header take up the whole
page that leaves me nowhere to write the text, since you don't seem to
able to write document text over the top of the header area.

Is my only solution to drop the proposed watermark onto the page as an
image, taking up the whole page and resort to text boxes overlaid on
top, which I really wouldn't be very happy with, or is there a better
solution?

Thanks
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You were on the right track with section breaks for each page, obviously
unlinked with previous. Then insert the image into the header, if you have
the images as "Behind text" not "in line with text", then the image can be as
large as you like without having to enlarge the header.
Best of luck
DeanH

"bigbrian" wrote:

I'd like to have different watermarks on each page of a document, but
it doesn't seem to be possible? I can't put them in the header or
footer and then use section breaks because the watermark is intended
to take up the whole page, and if I make the header take up the whole
page that leaves me nowhere to write the text, since you don't seem to
able to write document text over the top of the header area.

Is my only solution to drop the proposed watermark onto the page as an
image, taking up the whole page and resort to text boxes overlaid on
top, which I really wouldn't be very happy with, or is there a better
solution?

Thanks
Brian

Multiple watermarks Marta Microsoft Word Help 1 July 17th 07 07:38 PM
Multiple watermarks, Please help meloyelo1979 Page Layout 1 October 5th 06 05:39 PM
Using multiple watermarks in a single document mjb Microsoft Word Help 1 August 3rd 05 12:11 AM
Watermarks George Microsoft Word Help 1 June 25th 05 10:28 AM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 01:25 AM