Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul B

Default Scroll Speed

Is there a way to slow down the scroll speed in Word 2003?

I used to be able to press the middle mouse button to enter scroll mode, and
could move the mouse down or up to start scrolling. The farther I moved the
mouse, the faster the scrolling advanced. I was always able to adjust it so
I could scan the document as the text scrolled by - No longer. The text
always scrolls by faster than I can read (usually faster than I can even see
the text).

I've tried playing with the scroll as defined by the mouse software, but
that doesn't seem to effect the speed in Word. Is there a setting in Word
that can be adjusted or is this a lost cause until (and unless) Word gets
updated to address this.

Thanks,
Paul B