Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
preacher preacher is offline

Default why can't i send doc by email

i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Angel Bivins Angel Bivins is offline

What do you mean by "not even allowed the option"? If you're not seeing the
mail button on your toolbar, try:
File, Send To, mail recipient.
Hope that helps!
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"preacher" wrote:

i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lil Lil is offline

I also have just installed Word 2007 and when I click file sent to, only the
Fax is available, the email is greyed out. Any other ideas?-
Lil

"preacher" wrote:

i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"preacher" wrote:

i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word
doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now
running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

IIRC, Office 2007 Students version doesn't have Outlook, so you need to make
sure that under Internet Options, Programs, the correct email client has
been set.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex W Alex W is offline

I have the full Professional version of Office 2007 and the "send to" command
is simply not available in on the File Menu in Word, Excel or Powerpoint. I
am running Outlook 2007 as the mail client.

Looking at a number of other sites I am not an orphan.

Did the Ofice 2007 product ship with the necessary Registry updates?

I used Office 2003 previously and out of the box it was not a problem. I
have encountered a few issues with 2007

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lil Lil is offline

Not to seem dumb, but how. I went into Internet Options, I'm using Windows
Mail that came with Vista.
--
Lil

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Just like Terry said. Open IE, Tools, Internet options, Programs, Internet
programs, Set programs, Set your default programs, ...

Or

Start, Control panel, Programs, Default programs, Set your default programs,

Take your pick - both get you to the exact same place.
--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc
by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now
running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Derek Schmidt Derek Schmidt is offline

I have tried to go through the procedure mentioned here about setting the
defaults, but still have not been able to activate the 'email from Word' in
Word 2007 and Windows Mail. Is there a specific conflict with these
programs? I have found several people with the same problem on this forum.
I also tried to understand the advice in http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm
but find it a little out of my league!

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc
by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now
running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
monkey1 monkey1 is offline

Okay, so I'm confused.
I have Windows XP and MSOffice Home/Student 2007 and Outlook Express as my
email program. And OE is set as the default in my Control Panel.

I cannot email a document from any program in Home/Student 2007 as it is
always grayed out and.

This is very very annoying. I can't chnge my emil program to something
else. Is there a way to send emails using OE and XP and Home/Student
2007....Yes or No??????????????????

Thanks.

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc
by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now
running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Monkey1" wrote in message

This is very very annoying. I can't chnge my emil program to something
else.

Why not? Mozilla Thunderbird will send documents mailed from the "Mail to"
function within Office 2007 (Standard that is - shouldn't be any different
from Home and Student...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark Mark is offline

Hi Terry. What does the "MVP" stand for? My question is this: like the
other person, SEND allows only a fax option with email "greyed out". I have
Microsoft 2007 home and student. I was looking at your instructions. Will
they work for me and how exactly do I implement it? Sorry, kinda new to this
stuff.

--
Mark

"preacher" wrote in message
i can send by fax but not even allowed the option of sending a word doc by
email, and that was never a problem with the 2003 program; am now running
2007 office/student verson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hazel Hazel is offline

"Mark" wrote:

Hi Terry. What does the "MVP" stand for? My question is this: like the
other person, SEND allows only a fax option with email "greyed out". I have
Microsoft 2007 home and student. I was looking at your instructions. Will
they work for me and how exactly do I implement it? Sorry, kinda new to this
stuff.

--
Mark

Hi Mark,

I also have 2007 Home & Student and am using XP. If I use the Send to link
under the button in the upper left hand corner (I think they're calling it
the pizza button) my only choices are Email as attachment (greyed out) and
internet fax.

At the moment if you want to send a doc as an attachment you'll need to save
it on your hard drive and attach it to the email manually.

To send the document so that it becomes the email body you'll need to
"Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" (QAT). There's little arrow to the
right of it. Click on that then choose More Commands; then click on the
arrow in the left column and choose all commands; the one you want is "Send
to Mail Recipient". The icon will appear in that toolbar and you'll then be
able to click on it to send your documents as emails.

I hope that this helps.

Hazel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ethbarry ethbarry is offline

OK: Here comes the solution if you have Vista 64. I don't know if it works on
the other operating systems but you can try.
Make sure Office is closed and no word documents are open.
Then paste the following text to Notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows Messaging
Subsystem]

"MAPI"="1"

"CMC"="1"

"CMCDLLNAME "="Mapi.dll"

"CMCDLLNAME32 "="Mapi32.dll"

"MAPIX "="1"

"MAPIXVER "="1.0.0.1 "

"OLEMessaging "="1"

"InstallCmd"="rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection MSMAIL 132 msmail.inf"

"CMCDLLNAME"="mapi.dll"

"MAPI REG_SZ"="1"

"MAPIX"="1"

"MAPIXVER"="1.0.0.1"

"OLEMessaging"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows Messaging
Subsystem\MSMapiApps]

"inetsw95.exe"=""

"choosusr.dll"=""

"SearchProtocolHost.exe"="Microsoft Outlook"

"msnlExt.dll"="Microsoft Outlook"

"cnfnot32.exe"="Microsoft Outlook"

"scanost.exe"="Microsoft Outlook"

"scanpst.exe"="Microsoft Outlook"

"outlook.exe"="Microsoft Outlook"

NOW SAVE IT AS email.txt on your desktop.
Then replace the file extension ".txt" by the extension".reg"
Then right click on the file and click "merge"
Allow, approve, say yes etc.
Now you should open word and be able to send it by windows mail, provided
you have set windows mail as your default mail.
Good luck. Ellen.