Martman

Default E-mailing from Word

I want to e-mail a document as an attachment. In Office 2000, you select
Send ToE-Mail Receipent (As Attachment). My word 2003 only has E-mail to
Recipient. There s no option to select as an attachment???
--
mg

M. Hall

I'm having the same problem on one of my computers. I checked all of the
settings, including making sure the correct entries are included in the
win.ini file (mail section). The "mail as attachment" continues to be grey
and not operational. I even deleted the data registry entry for word. Any
other suggestions?

Thank you,

M. Hall

"Martman" wrote in message
I want to e-mail a document as an attachment. In Office 2000, you select
Send ToE-Mail Receipent (As Attachment). My word 2003 only has E-mail

Recipient. There s no option to select as an attachment???
--
mg

Spyglass

Let me try to get an answer this way:

I noticed that on the computer that I have this problem, I have removed
Outlook 2003 and use OE. My other computers where I do not have this
problem still have Outlook 2003 operational. Could removing Outlook cause
the "mail as attachment" menu item to be greyed and not available?

M. Hall

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the General tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Mail as
attachment."

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"Martman" wrote in message
I want to e-mail a document as an attachment. In Office 2000, you
select
Send ToE-Mail Receipent (As Attachment). My word 2003 only has
E-mail

Recipient. There s no option to select as an attachment???
--
mg

Spyglass

I solved my problem by installing the Outlook program from Office 2003. I
then made OE my preferred e-mail program and the Send as an Attachment
reappeared and is functional under the File menu tab.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the General tab of Tools | Options, check the box for "Mail as
attachment."

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so