Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stella Rivera Stella Rivera is offline

Default Text jumps to the next page

I am working with a document template with only heading titles. When I go to
the end of the heading and hit the enter key so I can enter text on the next
line, the cursor jumps to the next page. This happends after every heading.
I deleted the entire section and reentered all the heading titles but it is
still acting up. I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Help anyone.
--
Stella Rivera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like the Heading style (a) includes Page Break Before and (b) has
itself specified as the Style for Following Paragraph. Modify the Style to
set the Style for Following Paragraph to Normal, Body Text, or some other
desired style.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Stella Rivera" wrote in message
I am working with a document template with only heading titles. When I go
the end of the heading and hit the enter key so I can enter text on the
next
line, the cursor jumps to the next page. This happends after every
heading.
I deleted the entire section and reentered all the heading titles but it
is
still acting up. I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Help
anyone.
--
Stella Rivera

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stella Rivera Stella Rivera is offline

I double-checked everything. I do not have "page break before" checked and
the style is normal for all headings. The only way I can get it to work is
to go the next heading and hit enter. It adds a new heading but I can
backspace and delete it to get the blank line I need to enter text. What a
backwards way to do things. Thanks for your suggestions.
--
Stella Rivera