Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ash087

Default Symbol - shear rate and shear stress

Where do I find the symbol for shear rate and shear stress? - I have searched
all the symbols within Word and also the web but not found the symbols I
need..
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Symbol - shear rate and shear stress

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the symbols for shear rate and shear stress in Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, these symbols are not included in the default set of symbols in Word. However, there are a few options you can try to insert these symbols into your document:
  1. Use the Equation Editor: Microsoft Word has an Equation Editor that allows you to insert mathematical symbols and equations into your document. To access the Equation Editor, click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon, then click on "Equation" in the "Symbols" section. In the Equation Editor, you can type in the symbols for shear rate and shear stress using the available tools and symbols.
  2. Copy and paste from another source: If you have access to another document or website that contains the symbols you need, you can try copying and pasting them into your Word document. To do this, simply select the symbol(s) you need, right-click and choose "Copy", then go to your Word document and right-click where you want to insert the symbol(s) and choose "Paste".
  3. Use a symbol font: There are several symbol fonts available that contain a wide range of mathematical symbols, including those for shear rate and shear stress. To use a symbol font, you'll need to install it on your computer first. Once installed, you can select the font from the font dropdown menu in Word and then insert the symbols you need.

I hope one of these options works for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Sigma is 0363 in the standard character set (or do you use the unadorned T
form?). Gamma-dot you'll have to construct yourself -- use an EQ field to
superimpose gamma (03B3) and dot-above (02D9) : { EQ \o (?,?) }.

In both cases, set up autotext entries if you use them a lot.

news