Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel

Default activation key

I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but I
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Install *what* XP? There are several products you could be talking about.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rachel" wrote in message
I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but I
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the
product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel

I do not have an "office" cd. I have Microsoft works and I do not have the
original case anywhere. I just have it in a paper sleeve.

"Rachel" wrote in message
I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but I
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the
product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

In that case it should be on the seal on the paper sleeve. If you *really*
didn't get an activation key somewhere with the original set up, go back to
the supplier and say rude things to them.

"Rachel" wrote in message
I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the
product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel

I had to reinstall the XP home edition... I am trying to get in microsoft
word. I have the original cd but I do not have the activiation key. I have
had the computer for about 4 years and I can not find the original case the
cd was in.

"Rachel" wrote in message
I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but I
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the
product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rachel

I have had the computer for about 4 years and I have misplaced the original
sleeve.. my husband is horrible about keeping up with these things and it was
his computer.

"Rachel" wrote in message
I had to reinstall XP on my computer. I put on all of my works cd's but
guess I misplaced my activation key?? I tried using my certificate of
authenticity # but that did not work. Can anyone help me locate the
product
key?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman