Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] usafjayhawk@cox.net is offline

Default Bizarre lines - undeletable (W2007)

Several of us are collaborating on a document in Word 2007. One
gentleman tried to mark a placeholder for something by typing several
asterisks in a row and hit enter. The asterisks were immediately
converted by Word to a margin-to-margin row of little squares, and I
can't delete them. I've highlighted the area on both sides to include
the mysterious row of boxes...still nothing. They kinda act like a
section break in their resiliency (but in Word 2007 I can't figure out
how to tell what section I'm in like I could with previous versions
where it was in the status bar)

If you hover the mouse over one of the lines, the cursor changes to
the same symbol you get in older versions when you hover over a row in
a table and you want to make the row taller.

Sorry, can't explain this better, but the computer is at work where I
don't have Usenet access...trying to do this from memory at home.

1) What happened?
2) How do I get rid of them?
3) How do I prevent this from happening again?

And on a related note:

4) where do I find the info that tells me what section the cursor is
in (previous versions had it in a status bar...tried to find that in
W2007 and couldn't).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Questions 1-3, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

In Word 2007, you will find a button named €śAutoCorrect Option€ť when you
select Office button Word Options Proofing. Via that button, you will
find the settings referred to in the article.

Question 4:
Right-click in the Status Bar. You will find a long list of information you
can add to the Status Bar. Simply select €śSection€ť to have the section number
displayed.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] usafjayhawk@cox.net is offline

Perfect. I'll try that Monday, Thanks.

I suspected it was a border but couldn't make it work...

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:52:12 -0700, Lene Fredborg
wrote:

Questions 1-3, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

In Word 2007, you will find a button named “AutoCorrect Option” when you
select Office button Word Options Proofing. Via that button, you will
find the settings referred to in the article.

Question 4:
Right-click in the Status Bar. You will find a long list of information you
can add to the Status Bar. Simply select “Section” to have the section number
displayed.