Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Page Break Question

I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Start off with an "empty" page and press Enter once (or more). If you
display nonprinting characters, you'll see two paragraph marks:

Put the cursor to the left of the first paragraph mark and insert your
pictures. Their anchors (the text to which they're tethered) will be in the
first paragraph.

When the page is full, move the cursor to the left of the second paragraph
mark and insert the page break there. What was the second paragraph mark on
the full page will become the (only) paragraph mark on the new page. On the
new page, press Enter so this page contains two paragraph marks, and
continue from there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

True, except that this would only solve this one problem, when in
practice "In front of text" is much more convenient for me in the
larger scheme.

In other words, in just about every other instance where I paste a
image into a document, I want to be able to move it around, which is
why I have the default set to In front of text.

I wonder if I should write a macro and assign it to a button which I
can use to paste the images "in line" for this process, but leave the
default for all other pastes.

I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for planting the seed...

On 13 Mar, 09:55, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
It would appear to make more sense to insert such picture in-line?

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! I'll keep that process in mind.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You couldn't just change the option temporarily when you're going to be
doing this sort of thing? There are several options that I have to change
temporarily for specific tasks (such as disabling "Capitalize the first
letter of a sentence" when I'm working on a dictionary).

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Oh yes, I certainly could. This might work for me...

2 buttons to set the option should I want to toggle it, and the Close
event to ensure it gets reset to my default when I close Word.

Sub In_Line()
Options.PictureWrapType = wdWrapMergeInline
End Sub

Sub In_Front()
Options.PictureWrapType = wdWrapMergeFront
End Sub

Private Sub Document_Close()
Options.PictureWrapType = wdWrapMergeFront
End Sub

If I knew a way to display the current option setting in the toolbar,
maybe by changing the button name via code, I could use a single
toggling macro instead of the 2 individual ones. Something else to
play with...

Thanks!