Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hillary

Default Spell Check in Word 2003 not staying checked

I have a user who uses Word 2003 as his Outlook 2003 email editor. In word,
the user uses the "track changes" feature. User shares documents with
co-worker in Latin America.

When the user works on one of the documents that changes are being tracked
on, spell checking stops working in Word (and thus OL as well). If I go in
and turn it back on, as the user continues working the spell check stops
working again. If I select the whole document, change the language to
English, and turn spelling on again, it will work until user re-opens the
document.

Is this a limitation of Word, to track changes and check spelling on a
document that goes between USA and Latin America? I cannot get the user to
tell me if his co-worker changes the document language to Spanish to make
changes or if the document stays in English the whole time.

By not working, the misspelled words do not get the red wavy underline and
if you run Spell Check anyway, it finishes without finding errors.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGlsbGFyeQ==?=,

I cannot get the user to
tell me if his co-worker changes the document language to Spanish to make
changes or if the document stays in English the whole time.

The user needs to give us that information. This would be the thing to look
at. FWIW, I can't recall having ever seen Word "turn off" spell checking
just because Track Changes is being used. If Word were to run into resource
(memory issues) then I could see it. But that doesn't fit the circumstances
you describe.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org