Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D

Default Table cell trouble

Hi

I'm using tables in Word 2003. One of the rows starts on a new page even
though I want it to continue from the row on the previous page. I've been
through all the table properties and I can't figure out what is wrong. The
'Allow rows to break across a page' is selected. Does anyone know what the
problem is?
--

Many thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

In Table | Table Properties, click the Row tab. Clear the "Specify
height" option for each row, and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I'm using tables in Word 2003. One of the rows starts on a new page

even
though I want it to continue from the row on the previous page. I've

been
through all the table properties and I can't figure out what is

wrong. The
'Allow rows to break across a page' is selected. Does anyone know

what the
problem is?
--

Many thanks
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D

Hi Stefan

Specify row height isn't selected. And perhaps I should add that I can't
click outside of the row on the previous page i.e. usually I click outside
the previous row and delete so that the next row joins ups. I can't do this
--

Many thanks
JD

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I'm using tables in Word 2003. One of the rows starts on a new page

even
though I want it to continue from the row on the previous page. I've

been
through all the table properties and I can't figure out what is

wrong. The
'Allow rows to break across a page' is selected. Does anyone know

what the
problem is?
--

Many thanks
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D

Suzanne

Keep with next isn't selected either. I did have widow and orphan controll
on but I deselected this to see if it would be the problem. It hasn't made a
difference
--

Many thanks
JD

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I'm using tables in Word 2003. One of the rows starts on a new page even
though I want it to continue from the row on the previous page. I've been
through all the table properties and I can't figure out what is wrong. The
'Allow rows to break across a page' is selected. Does anyone know what the
problem is?
--

Many thanks
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi Jackie,

Make sure that none of the paragraphs in any of the cells in the row is
formatted as 'page break before'.

Cheers

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Hi

I'm using tables in Word 2003. One of the rows starts on a new page even
though I want it to continue from the row on the previous page. I've been
through all the table properties and I can't figure out what is wrong. The
'Allow rows to break across a page' is selected. Does anyone know what the
problem is?
--

Many thanks
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D

Hi

Page break before was selected. Deselecting it has sorted my problem. Thanks
for your help
--

JD