Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RayK RayK is offline

Default How do I add an attachment & include a message in mail merge email

I want to create an Word mail merge to email and have a message body in the
email and also include a file as an attacment to the email.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RayK" wrote in message
I want to create an Word mail merge to email and have a message body in the
email and also include a file as an attacment to the email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bruce k[_2_] bruce k[_2_] is offline

I am also trying to do this. I read the article posted Doug Robbins and it is
too complicated for me. If there is a way to do in word outlook or excel
without additional programming I would be intersted otherwise I will use a
less eficient email message.

"RayK" wrote:

I want to create an Word mail merge to email and have a message body in the
email and also include a file as an attacment to the email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will have to use VBA, and you have to be using Outlook (or some other
e-mail program that can be automated from VBA), but
a. should the message body be the same for every message, or be generated
from the body text of the Mail Merge Main Document?
b. should the attachment be the same for every message, or should it be
generated from the Mail Merge main document?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk