Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB MB is offline

Default Track Changes Balloon

When editing a document we usually have multiple editors and sometimes make
large changes. So towards the end of a review period there are sometimes
many edits. When scrolling over text that has been edited, MS Word pops up a
little balloon stating :"xxx time/date as inserted..." then it displays the
changes made.

How do we stop that from popping up everytime we scroll over edited text?
Sometimes the balloon covers most of the page!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB MB is offline

Suzanne,

thanks for the reply but staff still wants the ability to see the changes on
the screen just not the balloon that pops up when the mouse cursor goes over
edited text. Thanks again. I guess we will just live with it.

"MB" wrote in message
When editing a document we usually have multiple editors and sometimes

make
large changes. So towards the end of a review period there are sometimes
many edits. When scrolling over text that has been edited, MS Word pops

up a
little balloon stating :"xxx time/date as inserted..." then it displays

the
changes made.

How do we stop that from popping up everytime we scroll over edited text?
Sometimes the balloon covers most of the page!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "balloon that pops up when the mouse cursor goes over edited text" is a
ScreenTip, which is what you would be disabling. This has no affect on the
display of Tracked Changes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can disable ScreenTips on the View tab of Tools | Options, but this

will
affect *all* ScreenTips.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.