Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MATTOUNET MATTOUNET is offline

Default How do I print a data file from a mail merge doc?

Hello:
I would like to view all of my clients names and addresses in a list that I
can then print.
I have created a mail merge .doc or simply, labels for envelopes, that I
then proceed to print on envelopes.

I would like to see all of them in a list I can also print:
Name Address City State Zip

I cannot export it to Excel (that I am aware of).
I cannot import it from Excel (ditto).

I have multiple mail merge doc's and I do not want doubles.
I also want to be able to find my entries when they come back in the mail
informing me that the home owner has moved (nightmare).

My friend said, "If a document is already merged, you will need to see the
"data file" which you can access by opening up the merged doc in Word, go to
Tools, and merge. There you will be able to locate the data file which will
either be a table in Word or a table in Excel."

I could not locate what he was typing about?
Please help me.

Shine on~