Corven

Default How can I associate *.wps attachment in OE to open Word?

I have saved the attached file, and then associated it to Word, and that
works, but I still cannot open it directly from OE, I must save it first in
order to open it. OE says there is no program associated for that filetype.
How can I get that association to work in OE as well?

Corven

I have already done that, and if I save the document to a folder it works
fine. But if I try to open it directly from OE it cannot find any program
associated with the file.

"Corven" wrote in message
I have saved the attached file, and then associated it to Word, and that
works, but I still cannot open it directly from OE, I must save it first

in
order to open it. OE says there is no program associated for that

filetype.
How can I get that association to work in OE as well?

Well, it's never a good idea to open files directly from OE, anyway, for a
variety of reasons. Better to save to the HD and then open.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Windows Explorer, right-click on a .wps file and choose Open With.

Select
Word and check the box for "Always use this application to open this

file
type."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Corven" wrote in message
I have saved the attached file, and then associated it to Word, and

that
works, but I still cannot open it directly from OE, I must save it

first
in
order to open it. OE says there is no program associated for that

filetype.
How can I get that association to work in OE as well?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q29ydmVu?=,

But if I try to open it directly from OE it cannot find any program
associated with the file.

Try asking in an OE newsgroup (OE is part of Internet Explorer, so it
will be a sub-group for that area). It's possible that OE doesn't use
the Windows Registry entry Suzanne had you create, I don't know. I
never use OE. OE experts might know, though.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Word Attachments open multiple copies of Word rocketman60 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 11th 04 08:06 AM