Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Default Ending footnotes/endnotes??

I am working on a document where I needed footnotes. Those came out fine. I
am done with the footnotes and would like to merge that document with another
that is already complete.

So I would like to have a document with text, merge with a document that has
graphics (like tables). I know how to merge the two documents, but I can't
get the footnotes to end. It keeps thinking the next thing I am going to
type is a new footnote. What I would really like to accomplish is ending the
footnotes and setting up a page break... but it won't let me setup a break if
the footnotes are still going on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You need at least two sections; then you can set endnote placement to
"End of section" instead of "End of document", and suppress display of
endnotes for all sections but the one where they should actually
follow. For details, see the "Text After Endnotes" section of the
article at http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jen" wrote in message
I am working on a document where I needed footnotes. Those came out

fine. I
am done with the footnotes and would like to merge that document

with another
that is already complete.

So I would like to have a document with text, merge with a document

that has
graphics (like tables). I know how to merge the two documents, but

I can't
get the footnotes to end. It keeps thinking the next thing I am

going to
type is a new footnote. What I would really like to accomplish is

ending the
footnotes and setting up a page break... but it won't let me setup a

break if
the footnotes are still going on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

That is what I ended up having to do. I think it was next to impossible to
try to end the document with the endnotes.. then I could add the second
document and create one big mess! HA! Thanks again!!

"Jen" wrote in message
I am working on a document where I needed footnotes. Those came out

fine. I
am done with the footnotes and would like to merge that document

with another
that is already complete.

So I would like to have a document with text, merge with a document

that has
graphics (like tables). I know how to merge the two documents, but

I can't
get the footnotes to end. It keeps thinking the next thing I am

going to
type is a new footnote. What I would really like to accomplish is

ending the
footnotes and setting up a page break... but it won't let me setup a

break if
the footnotes are still going on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Just FYI: I suspect you inserted the second document into space that Word
had reserved for endnotes. So Word considered it a *very* long endnote.

When messing with such things, it can be helpful to temporarily work in
Normal View. Then Word will hide all the notes for you and they can't get
in your way.

"Jen" wrote in message
I am working on a document where I needed footnotes. Those came out

fine. I
am done with the footnotes and would like to merge that document

with another
that is already complete.

So I would like to have a document with text, merge with a document

that has
graphics (like tables). I know how to merge the two documents, but

I can't
get the footnotes to end. It keeps thinking the next thing I am

going to
type is a new footnote. What I would really like to accomplish is

ending the
footnotes and setting up a page break... but it won't let me setup a

break if
the footnotes are still going on.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Thank you, Daiya... even though I am done with that project, I will keep that
in mind if I ever run into that situation again....