Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TucsonTess TucsonTess is offline

Default Word is splitting a word in half

One of my co-workers has a unique problem. When she types the word maintain
near the end of a sentence, Word splits it into two separate words of 'main'
at the end of the sentence then continues on the next line with 'tain'. There
is no hyphen, Why is Word doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Or perhaps from a rogue AutoCorrect (although that would happen everywhere,
not just towards the end of a sentence)

Look in Tools AutoCorrect to see if there's an entry for "maintain".

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This usually results from either font corruption (rare) or document
corruption; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

so
all may benefit.