Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default fax coversheet template

I'm trying to register a new fax coversheet template for a Canon printer.
The only option available for a document type is Coversheet (.cse) How can i
save an existing Word doc as Coversheet (.cse)? I tried to just change the
extension, but the Register Template dialog box won't accept the document.
(Even though it will open just fine in Word.)
Thanks,
--
Ed Morgan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

What do you mean by "register"? Are you trying to use some sort of built-in
Canon software? If so, did you try to copy all of the data in the Word doc
and paste it into that other format?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ed Morgan" wrote in message
I'm trying to register a new fax coversheet template for a Canon printer.
The only option available for a document type is Coversheet (.cse) How
can i
save an existing Word doc as Coversheet (.cse)? I tried to just change
the
extension, but the Register Template dialog box won't accept the document.
(Even though it will open just fine in Word.)
Thanks,
--
Ed Morgan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

I go Start, Printers and Faxes, Select Printing Preferences, then select the
Register Cover Sheet tab. That gives me a choice of Template 1, Template 2,
Template 3. With buttons for Preview, Register, and Delete. Clicking on
Register asks for selection of a document from a dialog box showing my
Desktop, Documents, etc, but the only choice under Files of Type is
Coversheet (.cse). I don't have any .cse files and can't seem to create one.
If I open one of the existing templates, I can't edit it. ??
--
Ed Morgan

"Ed Morgan" wrote in message
I'm trying to register a new fax coversheet template for a Canon printer.
The only option available for a document type is Coversheet (.cse) How
can i
save an existing Word doc as Coversheet (.cse)? I tried to just change
the
extension, but the Register Template dialog box won't accept the document.
(Even though it will open just fine in Word.)
Thanks,
--
Ed Morgan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You probably can't, but if the object of the exercise is faxing from Word
with a Word cover sheet, set the fax software not to use a cover sheet, and
create your Word cover sheet as a template and use it for the fax message or
the first page of the fax message, then 'print' the resulting document to
the fax driver - http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm