drybones

Default PDF file problem

I have copied and pasted a 77 page .pdf to word 2003.

When attempting to print any page all that prints is 'color".
Any 'black' type does not print.

The same effect also happens when attempting to print any page
directly from the .pdf.

Please advise a old dummy on how to correct this problem.

Many thanks to all who reply.
drybones

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Silly question - could you be out of black ink? It sure sounds like it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
I have copied and pasted a 77 page .pdf to word 2003.

When attempting to print any page all that prints is 'color".
Any 'black' type does not print.

The same effect also happens when attempting to print any page
directly from the .pdf.

Please advise a old dummy on how to correct this problem.

Many thanks to all who reply.
drybones

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Any chance you would be willing to send me the file? Let's see if my
computer/printer squawks.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
I have copied and pasted a 77 page .pdf to word 2003.

When attempting to print any page all that prints is 'color".
Any 'black' type does not print.

The same effect also happens when attempting to print any page
directly from the .pdf.

Please advise a old dummy on how to correct this problem.

Many thanks to all who reply.
drybones

drybones

Hi JoAnn,
Finally got things working. See below paste from Game Stop.

"Hmm, that's curious. What happens when you do try to print? Do the images
show up, but not the text? Or is it just white pages?

I only wanted the 'text' and got all colored text minus the black text. Just
where the black went to is a rather large question.

What you may want to do is try selecting the "Print as Image" option in the
Print screen if you have it. That may help. If not, you might want to go
back to this page:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6121916/index.html

Just left-click on the PDF link to open it in a browser menu. It may print
differently depending on whether or not you open it up in Internet Explorer
or if you download it to your desktop and open it up from there with Adobe
Reader. You may want to try both ways of doing it, and printing out a single
page from the guide to see if that helps.
I did try the above, and using the 'Text Select' , and placeing the curser
at chapter one starting text and Shift click at the end of chapter one. Then
placed on the clipboard. Opened Word 2003 and pasted.
Printed page 1 (24 of walkthru) and finally got a full page of black print.
8^))
Can not recall ever having problems printing from .pdf before.

Anyway, I do thank you most sincerely for your continued assist and setting
me on the correct course.
drybones"

Now a new problem.
The pasted text has sentances that are left open. See below.
How do I get word to close all open sentances?

"After you're done selecting or customizing a new character, you'll find
yourself inside the Jade
Empire, and in fact in the middle of a fight."

Note the blank between Jade and Empire.
This continues throughout 11 pages.