Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harry Harry is offline

Default Protecting documents

Hi, I have an existing document to which I've added form fields. I am now
trying to protect the doc by going to Tools Protect Document and selecting
the "filling in forms" option under "Editing restrictions". The problem is
that the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button remains grayed-out.
Similarly, the padlock icon on the Forms toolbar is also grayed out.

I am however able to protect a newly created document so the problem seems
to exist only with the one existing doc.

Does anyone know why I can't lock this form? Is there a flag somewhere that
locks this out?

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmandaH AmandaH is offline

I've had the problem before. I fixed it buy saving the document closing
it, reopening it and saying "YES" to the box that will appear
indicating that the document contains Marcos. This should fix the
problem.

~Amanda~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harry Harry is offline

Hi Amanda,
Thanks for the sugguestion but unfortunatly it didn't work...

Regards,
Harry

"AmandaH" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've had the problem before. I fixed it buy saving the document closing
it, reopening it and saying "YES" to the box that will appear
indicating that the document contains Marcos. This should fix the
problem.

~Amanda~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harry Harry is offline

Hi Suzanne,
There doesn't appear to be but oddly enough each time I open the document
the "Control Toolbox" toolbar as well as another toolbar containing only the
"design" icon (depicting a drawing triangle, ruler, and pencil) and titled
"Ex" (toolbar is too small to display the entire word) appear.

For kicks I clicked the design icon and now the protection feature is
available. I checked to see if any macros were embedded in the doc but
there are none. Is there a possiblity that there's code and/or ActiveX
controls attached to something behind the scenes?

Thanks!
Harry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Does the form include any ActiveX controls (from the Controls Toolbox)?

so
all may benefit.