Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NickC NickC is offline

Default Changing the indent property for a numbered list in Word 2007

I am working for a company that recently converted to Office 2007. Most of
the manuals and styles were created using Office 2003.

The numbered lists are set to a 0" indent with a 0.25" hanging margin, and I
am using them in a large document (lots of lists).

I cannot find a way of changing the indent under the numbering properties,
which used to be a selection under Bullets and Numbering tab. I can see that
the indent is set to .25 in but I cannot find how to change it.

Yes, I know that you can change the property for the style under Paragraph;
however, when I rest the numbering to 1 in subsequent lists, the list item
jumps in to .25 in margin.

I can correct the style using my older version of Word; however, there
should be a way of correcting this in the new version. Does anyone have hint?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"NickC" wrote in message
[...]

If you are using a List Style you can right-click the style in the Bullets
and Numbering gallery, click Modify, and be able to access Numbering in the
Style dialog box. If you aren't then you can right-click the numbered list
and select "Adjust List Indents". However, the latter adds a layer of direct
formatting to the list and can result in instabilities.

--
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx