Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mrs F Mrs F is offline

Default How do I reduce the gap between two split tables in a word doc

I have split a table into 2 but wish to reduce the gap between the tables ..
how do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Depending on how you split the table there may be a page break between the
new tables. This can be deleted and you will be left with a paragraph mark.
The simpliest way of closing the gap is to remove any Space After/Before and
Line spacing to Single for this paragraph mark and then apply a Font size of
1 or 2.
Soemtimes instead of spliting the table, I insert a new row which has no (or
white) borders), depending on the results I am after.
You will need to remember that this paragraph is still there later on when
working on the document as it can reappear if doing a find/replace on the
styles that it has applied.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Mrs F" wrote:

I have split a table into 2 but wish to reduce the gap between the tables ..
how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Format the paragraph that separates them with a smaller font size.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the formatting of the paragraph mark (¶) that separates the two
tables. You can set its Spacing Before and After to zero, set the Line
Spacing to "Single," and reduce the font size. You may even create a style
with those settings, and apply it to the paragraph mark.

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mrs F" Mrs wrote in message
I have split a table into 2 but wish to reduce the gap between the tables
..
how do I do it?