bankcpa

Default Word doc linking to Excel doc

Using Mirosoft Office 2003 on XP
I created a Word document and have linked it to an Excel document. The
documents were used as templates. I copied the Word document to many
differenct drives and linked them to the Excel documents that contianed each
individuals information. This worked beautifully until . . .I changed the
name of the Excel document. Now the Word document is linking to the
"template" and not to the individual Excel document. What happened and how
can I reconstruct the Word document to link to the individual Excel documents
again?
CyberTaz

I'm not completely clear on whether you are actually using docs or templates,
but the answer most likely lies in the Word files containing the links.

Go to EditLinks, select the link from the list if there is more than one
and then click the 'Change Source' button. Navigate to and select the correct
Excel file.

HTH |:)

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM
Linking Excel cell to Word problem Carol Microsoft Word Help 1 February 20th 05 11:29 PM