alpaca alpaca is offline
Junior Member

Default Vertical Alignment / Position

I've been using Word for a long time and have never figured out how to do this. If you have any ideas, please answer!

I'm creating pages that have two parts, the top part and the bottom part. For simplicity sake, let's say that the two parts are just two paragraphs.

I want the second part/paragraph to begin at exactly the same place (vertically) on every page, regardless of the length of the top part. I'd like to issue a command similar to paragraph formatting but for VERTICAL spacing--i.e., "start this paragraph at 5 inches from top margin" (for example). Unfortunately, I don't know of any such command.

(I'm not willing to use frames, as they seem to generally cause more problems than they solve in a structured document.)

Thanks for any help or comments.