Sasquatch

Default If..then..else not showing form checkboxes

I'm trying to use an if...then...else conditional to show either a checked
checkbox or an unchecked checkbox depending on a variable's value but it
won't show anything. When I use the same conditional to show a Y or N
instead of the checkboxes it works fine. Heres a sample of what I have:

{ IF 5 0 "Y" "N" }
{ IF 5 0 "{ FORMCHECKBOX }" "{ FORMCHECKBOX }" }

The first line will show the 'Y' but the second line doesn't show either
checkbox.

I copied a checked form checkbox and pasted it over the 'Y' and copied an
unchecked form checkbox and pasted it over the 'N' so I know the conditional
statement's format is ok.

Anybody have any insight as to why when i toggle the field codes it won't
show either checkbox?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2FzcXVhdGNo?=,

I'm trying to use an if...then...else conditional to show either a checked
checkbox or an unchecked checkbox depending on a variable's value but it
won't show anything. When I use the same conditional to show a Y or N
instead of the checkboxes it works fine. Heres a sample of what I have:

{ IF 5 0 "Y" "N" }
{ IF 5 0 "{ FORMCHECKBOX }" "{ FORMCHECKBOX }" }

Rather than a form field checkbox, go into InsertSymbol and choose the boxes
from a font such as WingDings.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

And note that there may be some reason for having the CheckedBox and
UnCheckedBox saved as AutoText entries in the fax cover sheet templates that
ship with Word (which use these symbols in a similar way as part of a
MacroButton field).

Hi ?B?U2FzcXVhdGNo?=,