InsuranceTech

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED. ASSISTANCE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FORM FIELDS.

I need to know if individual form fields can be unprotected when using
document protection. I would like to create a document where all the form
fields are protected, except for one.

Is this possible??

Thank you.
Marc Adams [marcmyword.com]

You can. If you're using Office2003 it's really easy.
1) Make sure that your task pane is open. (Ctrl-F1)
2) Select the Protection Choice.
3) Simply select the field that you areas that you'd like to leave
unprotected.
4) Use the editting restriction options. Clicking that box will allow
portions of the document to be unprotected when you turn on document
protection.

I hope this helps.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact me at
.

"InsuranceTech" wrote:

I need to know if individual form fields can be unprotected when using
document protection. I would like to create a document where all the form
fields are protected, except for one.

Is this possible??

Thank you.

Charles Kenyon

Normally, formfields are unprotected and activated. The rest of the document
is protected, except that entire document sections can be unprotected.

You can disable or protect individual formfields by setting the properties
to not allow filling in information.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"InsuranceTech" wrote in message
I need to know if individual form fields can be unprotected when using
document protection. I would like to create a document where all the form
fields are protected, except for one.

Is this possible??

Thank you.

InsuranceTech

I am still having trouble. Perhaps I should be more specific.

I am using Word 2003. I have the protect document task pane open. Under
Editing restrictions, I check "Allow only this type of editing". I then
select "Filling in forms". Now once I enforce protection, any form fields
(text boxes, check boxes etc.) a user is able to freely modify the
information in all of the form fields. I wanted to know if there was a way
to specifically select which "form fields" I wanted unprotected.

If I choose "Comments" under "Editing Restrictions, I then have the option
to select which portions of the document I want to leave unprotected, but I
am choosing "Filling in forms", and the same rules don't seem to apply.

Based on a more accurate description, andy suggestions?