Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Default add a folder's icon to "open/save" window

I post this question to Windows2000 ng but didn't get reply in more than 10
days.
Althought I don't think this ng is a proper place for this question but it
is somehow related indirectly.

In "open file" or "save in" windows, in all office porgrams including Word,
there is a pane in left-most side, recommending some locations for fast
finding. I want to add icon of my external hard disk and even some folders
inside that, to be shown in this
pane.
Is this possible? This will save time for going through clicks to reach the
destination.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

you are the Bible of word. I really enjoy your articles

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Khoshravan wrote:
I post this question to Windows2000 ng but didn't get reply in more
than 10 days.
Althought I don't think this ng is a proper place for this question
but it is somehow related indirectly.

In "open file" or "save in" windows, in all office porgrams including
Word, there is a pane in left-most side, recommending some locations
for fast finding. I want to add icon of my external hard disk and
even some folders inside that, to be shown in this
pane.
Is this possible? This will save time for going through clicks to
reach the destination.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Dear Graham
Thanks for your help.
My word is 2003 so basically I had "add to My Places" and it was enough for
me. It not only adds to Word but also for others like Excel as well. So I
don't need to go through Registery amendments.

I couldn't understand this part in your article
"but you lose this functionality if you edit the XP Places Bar to remove the
default entries." Should I take care about this issue?

Aslo one more question. Is "Add to My Places" smart enough to trac the
folders addresses, if I move or change the original place of the folder which
I have put in "Add to My Places"?

Thanks again

Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Khoshravan wrote:
I post this question to Windows2000 ng but didn't get reply in more
than 10 days.
Althought I don't think this ng is a proper place for this question
but it is somehow related indirectly.

In "open file" or "save in" windows, in all office porgrams including
Word, there is a pane in left-most side, recommending some locations
for fast finding. I want to add icon of my external hard disk and
even some folders inside that, to be shown in this
pane.
Is this possible? This will save time for going through clicks to
reach the destination.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The registry edit is only required for Word 2000, which your original post
suggested was the case.
If you move the folder you will have to edit the entry. It will not
automatically pick up the change.

Khoshravan wrote:
I post this question to Windows2000 ng but didn't get reply in more
than 10 days.
Althought I don't think this ng is a proper place for this question
but it is somehow related indirectly.

In "open file" or "save in" windows, in all office porgrams
including Word, there is a pane in left-most side, recommending
some locations for fast finding. I want to add icon of my external
hard disk and even some folders inside that, to be shown in this
pane.
Is this possible? This will save time for going through clicks to
reach the destination.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

thanks