Helle

Default Locking a format

Hi.

I have made a document, with a lot of formating, ex.; header and foot, new
page and sections, different format on left and right page, either 1 or 2
collums etc. And I need to lock the document, so everybody else can write in
the document, but I can deside what changes they can and can't do. And one of
the changes I DON'T want them to do, is deleting "new page and sections". Is
that possibel?

Thanks and best regards
Margaret Aldis

You could use "Protect for forms" to lock sections of the document, but that
does take away a lot of Word functionality (including the spell checker) so
it's not really a good way to control a template.

Best approach is usually to customize Word to make it as easy as possible to
do the "right" thing, and more difficult to do something wrong. For
instance, you could remove Insert Break ... from the menus, and maybe add
the command for Page Break Before, or a macro to insert a section to your
design.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP