Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pedro Pedro is offline

Default Word 2003 - Lost zip

On my new laptop I'm using Word as my email editor in Outlook and when I try
to attach a zip file it does not appear in the file list. Similarly in Word
none of the 'file' functions can see zip files in the directory.

This is not the case on my other machine where I can see zip files from Word
in all the 'file' menus. Is there a setting that makes zip files invisible
to word ??. If not then any other ideas.

Thanks for any help

pedro
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:36:01 -0800, Pedro
wrote:

On my new laptop I'm using Word as my email editor in Outlook and when I try
to attach a zip file it does not appear in the file list. Similarly in Word
none of the 'file' functions can see zip files in the directory.

This is not the case on my other machine where I can see zip files from Word
in all the 'file' menus. Is there a setting that makes zip files invisible
to word ??. If not then any other ideas.

Thanks for any help

pedro

What is the setting of the "Files of type" box at the bottom of the dialog? If
it's anything other than "All files (*.*)" then you won't see any zip files --
all the other settings are filters that show only the kinds of files selected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pedro Pedro is offline

Thanks Jay. Yes it is showing all files but as explained .zip files do not
show in the all files list.

Regards

Peter

wrote:

On my new laptop I'm using Word as my email editor in Outlook and when I try
to attach a zip file it does not appear in the file list. Similarly in Word
none of the 'file' functions can see zip files in the directory.

This is not the case on my other machine where I can see zip files from Word
in all the 'file' menus. Is there a setting that makes zip files invisible
to word ??. If not then any other ideas.

Thanks for any help

pedro

What is the setting of the "Files of type" box at the bottom of the dialog? If
it's anything other than "All files (*.*)" then you won't see any zip files --
all the other settings are filters that show only the kinds of files selected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

[...]