PGA John

Default no ID address mark found! works on other comps! Need it for work.

I have a word document that works on every other computer but mine. An error
pops up saying "No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk."

HELP!! I have to get some work done out of the office!

Graham Mayor

You appear to be trying to open the document from the floppy disc directly.
This is the sureset way to ensure document (even disc) corruption.

*Never*
Open from
Save to
Print from
a Word document on a floppy disc. Always copy to the hard drive and operate
on it from there.

PGA John wrote:
I have a word document that works on every other computer but mine.
An error pops up saying "No ID address mark was found on the floppy
disk."

HELP!! I have to get some work done out of the office!

slswyoming

Karl's advice of working in Word on hard disk is good, because of the temp
files and speed. However John, since you clearly stated "works on every
other computer"... it's obviously not an issue of using Word on floppy, per
se.

I am having the same problem. After spending 7 hrs on this today, I'm
strongly suspecting it's either a system update, or an antivirus update.
I've exhausted the know virus databases, and this does not appear.

Do you, by any chance, use Norton Antivirus? And if yes, did you recently
(within the last week) have a software update installed by "Liveupdate"?

Cheers!