Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeffrey larson

Default Is it possible to merge a directory database from Word to Outlook

I am doing some organization work as a personal assistant. My employer would
like for me to create an address list that can be printed out for her
Franklin planner. I am using the Word Merge directory option for this. At
some point is there a way to then send this information into Outlook without
having to retype all of the information? That would save me a bunch of
time!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

First what you should do is to do an export of the contacts from Outlook to
a Excel file to get the arrangement and field names. Then do an catalog or
directory type mailmerge in Word with the data arranged in the same order,
then execute that merge and copy and paste the result into Excel in place of
the data in the exported file, but leaving the field names in the first row
intact. Then, use the import routine in Outlook to import the data into
the Outlook contacts.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jeffrey larson" Jeffrey wrote in message
I am doing some organization work as a personal assistant. My employer
would
like for me to create an address list that can be printed out for her
Franklin planner. I am using the Word Merge directory option for this.
At
some point is there a way to then send this information into Outlook
without
having to retype all of the information? That would save me a bunch of
time!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeffrey larson

Default Is it possible to merge a directory database from Word to Outl

Doug,
Thank you for the info. Very helpful! However, when I go to import the file
back from Excel, Outlook freezes and closes. I have checked the field
mapping and everything lines up perfectly. I can't imagine what is going on
that would cause this error to occur. Any thoughts??? Also, when setting up
the Word Document, would you recommend trying to force it to look like an
Excel spreadsheet? I was a little fuzzy on what you meant by "arranging in
the same order". You've been a great help. Thanks!!!