Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sue

Default set fields

macropod - Thanks, now I understand.... I was toggling the field codes on &
off, but not updating them. That did the trick, and has saved me huge
amounts of time. Thanks!!!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Sue,

If you'd prefer not to use a macro, Ctrl-A to select the document, then F9,
will update all fields in the body.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Sue" wrote in message
I am trying to set up document variables, using the MS Word field feature
(using Ctrl-F9 to add in the fields):

{ SET Number 10,000 } { SET Employee "John Doe"}

then later refer to the fields :

{ Employee } owns { Number } shares.

All 4 of these would be field codes, I try to click Shift-F9 or Alt-F9 to
view the results, but the codes only disappear, I don't see anything :

owns shares.

What am I missing? Thanks.