Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Delma McDonald Delma McDonald is offline

Default I have section breaks in lge doc. Page numbering not working.

I have a 400 page document with many section breaks. Page numbering in the
footer stops and starts. I want to just reset page 1 to page 1 and have the
rest flow on numerically from there. I am using Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the insertion point in the header (or footer) of each section where
the numbering restarts. On the Header & Footer Tools ribbon, click Page
Number (in the Header & Footer group), and then click Format Page Numbers.
In the Page Number Format dialog box, choose "Continue from previous
section" and click OK.

Note that if the page number is being restarted in a continuous section
limited to part of a page, you will have to temporarily insert a page break
so that you can see headers and footers, and then access the Page Number
Format dialog box for that section.

If you want to automate this, you should be able to use the following macro:

Sub SetContinuousPageNumbering()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).PageNumbers _
.RestartNumberingAtSection = False
Next s
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.