Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
phna2

Default How do I set up two languages on the same page

My better half needs to construct a document with English on the left side of
the page and Spanish translation on the right side of the page. The
document(s) will each contain footnotes, so I don't think that using two
large text boxes will accomplish this. All help is greatfully appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

First format two styles with the correct language formatting. Then
insert a two-column table (you may want to remove the border via
FormatBorders and Shading) and apply the proper style to each column.
If the contents should line up, just insert a new row as appropriate.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"phna2" wrote in message
My better half needs to construct a document with English on the

left side of
the page and Spanish translation on the right side of the page. The
document(s) will each contain footnotes, so I don't think that using

two
large text boxes will accomplish this. All help is greatfully

appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
phna2

Thank youy Stefan, I appreciate your response. I still question however the
placement and location of individual footnotes on the English vs the Spanish
side. How do I reconcile that ??

thank you in advance

Paul Niemeyer

"phna2" wrote in message
My better half needs to construct a document with English on the

left side of
the page and Spanish translation on the right side of the page. The
document(s) will each contain footnotes, so I don't think that using

two
large text boxes will accomplish this. All help is greatfully

appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

You are right: footnotes and tables don't work well together. I
overlooked the need for footnotes (mentioned in your original
message). Sorry!

If there aren't too many footnotes in the text you can enter them
manually, preferrably when editing is complete. But if you need them
to be automatic, I'd recommend putting each language version in a
separate document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Page numbers vgardner Microsoft Word Help 5 November 5th 05 04:10 AM
Print individual page in book fold AnnetteClements Microsoft Word Help 2 July 5th 05 01:18 AM