Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bogdan Dumka Bogdan Dumka is offline

Default Accent with Ukrainian keyboard layout

When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+' to put
accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o. That combination
does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard. Does anyone know how to put
accents on Ukrainian vowels?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you know it works with a Slovenian keyboard layout, then the simple
answer would be to set up a Slovenian keyboard in Windows?

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+' to
put accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o. That
combination does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard. Does
anyone know how to put accents on Ukrainian vowels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bogdan Dumka Bogdan Dumka is offline

Slovenian alphabet is latin and Ukraine is cyrillic. Therefore Slovenian
characters with accents are not useful in Ukraine. I assume that all
cyrillic alphabets have the same problem.

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+' to
put accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o. That
combination does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard. Does
anyone know how to put accents on Ukrainian vowels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can define any number of keyboards and switch between them. The
alternative is to use insert symbol which should give you the shortcut(s)
to the accented characters(s).

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+'
to put accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o.
That combination does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard. Does
anyone know how to put accents on Ukrainian vowels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have just installed a Ukranian keyboard and the key mapping is quite
different so I am not surprised the shortcuts don't work. You could probably
define your own shortcut keys from the insert symbol dialog.

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+'
to put accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o.
That combination does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard.
Does anyone know how to put accents on Ukrainian vowels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bogdan Dumka Bogdan Dumka is offline

The problem is I can't find these characters in the insert symbol dialog. I
can find non accented characters, but can't find accented.

Bogdan Dumka wrote:
When I am using Slovenian keyboard layout I use combination ctrl+'
to put accent on vowels. To put accent on letter o I use ctrl+',o.
That combination does not seem to work with Ukrainian keyboard.
Does anyone know how to put accents on Ukrainian vowels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the font you are using does not contain the characters you want then the
even more fussy alternative is to use an EQ field to overstrike the
characters. You could save these as formatted autocorrect entries
eg { EQ \O(`,v) }