Alcav

Default Inserting and printing Backgrounds and watermarks

Whan I insert a background using Word 2000 in my XP Home Edition system, it
neither appears in Print Preview nor does it appear in the printed page. I
have tried using a picture (.gif) chosen from file, and a texture supplied as
part of Word. I have the same problem when I try using a watermark.

I would appreciate any direct help and also a reference where I can learn
the insertion and placement routines fully.

TIA. Al C
garfield-n-odie

A few ideas:
1. In Word, if you are in Normal view, switch to Print Layout
view.
2. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print
| check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.
3. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324 "How to
create a watermark in Word 97 and in Word 2000".

Alcav wrote:

Whan I insert a background using Word 2000 in my XP Home Edition system, it
neither appears in Print Preview nor does it appear in the printed page. I
have tried using a picture (.gif) chosen from file, and a texture supplied as
part of Word. I have the same problem when I try using a watermark.

I would appreciate any direct help and also a reference where I can learn
the insertion and placement routines fully.

TIA. Al C

[repost; first post eaten by server]

The background you insert using Format | Background is intended only for Web
pages, not for print documents. There is an extremely roundabout way to
print it in earlier versions (save as Web page, open in browser, print from
browser with option set to print backgrounds), but only Word 2003 offers a
specific option to "Background colors and images." For all versions what you
really need instead as a watermark; g-n-o has pointed you to a KB article
that tells how to create a watermark.