Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default restoring a file to a previously saved time

I am trying to restore a file to a previously saved time beofre major changes
were made, without any luck. I have tries looking under versions and
restoring my computer also. Any other ideas or should I start again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the document has not been closed, you can use undo to remove edits made
in that session. If you have saved the document and closed it, then the only
possibilities of recovery are from your automatic backup - or from your
routine backup. If you have not bothered with either then you could scan a
printed copy. Otherwise you will have to retype it.

James wrote:
I am trying to restore a file to a previously saved time before major
changes were made, without any luck. I have tries looking under
versions and restoring my computer also. Any other ideas or should I
start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Hammond Paul Hammond is offline

Would restting your system clock to the date time you wish to save it, then
restoring the clock afterwards do the trick?

James wrote:
I am trying to restore a file to a previously saved time before major
changes were made, without any luck. I have tries looking under
versions and restoring my computer also. Any other ideas or should I
start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

On re-reading your questions, is this simply a date field showing the wrong
date? If so, the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows
the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for
createdate fields - ALT+F9 change {DATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"}or {TIME \@ "d MMM
yyyy"} to {CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"} then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the
date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the
correct dates. The switches \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your
location.