mmjames

Default How do I reset my format to get rid of the paragraph symbols

I hit something and my format changed now everything has symbols on everyline
of all my word documents
garfield-n-odie

Click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar at the top of your screen, or
press Ctrl+Shift+*.

mmjames wrote:

I hit something and my format changed now everything has symbols on everyline
of all my word documents

But note that if you have a ¶ at the end of *every* line it's because either
(a) you're pressing Enter at the end of every line or (b) you've imported
some text in Plain Text (DOS) format. In either case, you probably need to
get rid of the excess paragraph breaks and allow the text to wrap naturally
at the right margin. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm (for actual paragraph
breaks, as opposed to line breaks, AutoFormat will go most of the way for
you).

mmjames wrote:

I hit something and my format changed now everything has symbols on

everyline
of all my word documents

Does Format Painter include paragraph formatting? Glen@WSMR Microsoft Word Help 0 February 3rd 05 11:43 PM
every time I write an e-mail, I have to reset my paragraph spacin. dave New Users 1 January 20th 05 12:46 AM
How do I get rid of the little "paragraph" and spacing symbols th. Notadj123 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 05 08:17 PM
paragraph symbols cliff New Users 0 December 8th 04 09:49 AM
How do I add the paragraph button under the Format header? kimism Microsoft Word Help 4 November 24th 04 03:32 PM