Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamal kamal is offline

Default Same styles for all tables and charts in a document

Hi!
I am currently using office 2007. The file I am working on, has got a number
of tables and charts, all in different styles. I want to ensure uniform
styles for both tables and charts.
For tables, is it possible to change the different styles of all tables to
one common style at one go, as in, is it necessary to select table one by one
and then change the style? (This takes a lot of time)
For charts, I want that all pie charts should be in same style and without
borders. Is it possible to do so without selecting each chart seperately and
changing its style?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In 2003, anyway, there's a Style called "Table Grid" that you can
format to your specifications, and then tables automatically appear in
it; you can apply it to existing tables.

On Jul 23, 10:26 am, kamal wrote:
Hi!
I am currently using office 2007. The file I am working on, has got a number
of tables and charts, all in different styles. I want to ensure uniform
styles for both tables and charts.
For tables, is it possible to change the different styles of all tables to
one common style at one go, as in, is it necessary to select table one by one
and then change the style? (This takes a lot of time)
For charts, I want that all pie charts should be in same style and without
borders. Is it possible to do so without selecting each chart seperately and
changing its style?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamal kamal is offline

Thanks Grammatim, but either I am not able to understand what you mean or not
able to explain the question i asked. i don't think this is what I was
looking for, but thanks anyways.
I asked if it is possible to apply same style (say chart style 10, without
boders) to all charts of my document without selecting each chart
individually and then changing its properties?

On Jul 23, 10:26 am, kamal wrote:
Hi!
I am currently using office 2007. The file I am working on, has got a number
of tables and charts, all in different styles. I want to ensure uniform
styles for both tables and charts.
For tables, is it possible to change the different styles of all tables to
one common style at one go, as in, is it necessary to select table one by one
and then change the style? (This takes a lot of time)
For charts, I want that all pie charts should be in same style and without
borders. Is it possible to do so without selecting each chart seperately and
changing its style?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know anything about charts.

If all your tables already exist, with disparate styles, why would you
expect there would be a way to select all of them at once?

On Jul 23, 10:26 am, kamal wrote:
Hi!
I am currently using office 2007. The file I am working on, has got a number
of tables and charts, all in different styles. I want to ensure uniform
styles for both tables and charts.
For tables, is it possible to change the different styles of all tables to
one common style at one go, as in, is it necessary to select table one by one
and then change the style? (This takes a lot of time)
For charts, I want that all pie charts should be in same style and without
borders. Is it possible to do so without selecting each chart seperately and
changing its style?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Kamal,

The steps and amount of work needed to do this in Word 2007 can depend on how the content was originally created and how formatting
was applied to it and the file format you're saving in (i.e. .docX will have features that saving as .doc [Word97-2003] documents
will not have)

Under Office Button=Word Options=Popular
check that
[x] Enable Live Preview
is turned on.

With the document open to a place where you can see both a table and a chart use View=Thumbnails. This is primarily to shift the
display of the document to the right for the next step g so you'll be able to watch the results in the document with Live Preview.

On the Page Layout tab, in the Themes group, mouse over the various
Page Layout=Themes
icons. Do the colors of the segments in your charts and in the table change to match the themes?

If just the chart is changing, select the table and from
Table Tools=-Design
apply a Table Style and then retry the Themes.
(you can do the same for a chart in a combination of
Chart Tools=Design
Chart Tools=Format

If the appearance didn't change (in some cases from the original document being created in a prior version using the features of
that version) then you may need to apply Chart and Table styles manually to replace any direct formatting. The Table Grid style
that Gramma tim mentioned, is still available in the Table Styles ribbon. Right clicking on the icon in the styles ribbon and using
'Modify Table Style' will let you change the defaults. You can also create a model table to your liking, select it, then open the
Table styles gallery and choose 'New Table Style' to have it available to apply to other tables.

After applying a theme/table style to one table in your document you can then 'walk' the tables in the document by using the 'Select
Browse Object' (silver ball on the lower right of the vertical scroll bar)/

'Browse by Table' - then apply your table style to each table.
'Browse by Graphic' - if you created the charts with Office 2007 tools
'Browse by Field' - if you used the prior version Graph/Chart tool

Unfortunately, Word's Find/Replace dialog doesn't include Themeable content replacements such as Chart and Table styles in its list,
but one of the folks here may offer a quick macro that will run through the document for you and apply matching formatting and/or
themes to all charts or tables.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP