Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Default File conversion widow every time I open this doc?!?!?!

I had Office 2007 for a while, then reverted to 2003. I have several
documents that I created in 2007 in compatibility mode. For a few of these,
every time I open the document I get a message that says "File Conversion:
select the encoding that makes your document readable." It has a few
options and a preview pane. I select the first one (Windows Default) even
though the preview pane shows gargled data. This opens the document just
fine.

This happens EVERY time I open it though. I even opened it, then saved it
under a new name. I still get this.

How can I get rid of this annoying window?

--
Thanks!

RBear3
..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi RBear3,

Try saving to a different file format, such as HTML or Word 2003 XML, close,
open. If you don't get the prompt when opening, save back to the standard *.doc
file format.

I had Office 2007 for a while, then reverted to 2003. I have several
documents that I created in 2007 in compatibility mode. For a few of these,
every time I open the document I get a message that says "File Conversion:
select the encoding that makes your document readable." It has a few
options and a preview pane. I select the first one (Windows Default) even
though the preview pane shows gargled data. This opens the document just
fine.

This happens EVERY time I open it though. I even opened it, then saved it
under a new name. I still get this.

How can I get rid of this annoying window?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBear3 RBear3 is offline

Sorry. I tried that and it did not work. Any other ideas?

--

RBear3
..

"Cindy M." wrote in message
[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi RBear3,

Sorry. I tried that and it did not work. Any other ideas?

I see you've posted again, and there is a discussion in that
thread. Just so you know I've seen this...

Cindy Meister