Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Default endnotes

I'm am having problems with my master document and subdocuments. I got the
master created and inserted all my subdocuments. There are a couple of
problems I'm having. The first one is with font. All my font in the
subdocuments are Times New Roman 12. When I insert the sub into the master
some of the fount changes to courier. Is there any way to stop this. The
second problem is with the endnotes. When I insert the subs into the master,
the endnotes are getting rearranged. I have everything good through number 15
then it jumps to 47 and 15 through 17 is way down the list. Also the font is
changing to courier 12 or Times New Roman 10. I also would like to know if
there is a way to move the Bibliography after the endnotes. Thanks in
advance to anyone that helps or trys to help me.

Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it absolutely essential that you do it as master and subdocuments?
If you simply add all your documents (with Insert File) together
into one (humungous, if necessary) file, all your endnote problems
will go away (and you can restart each chapter at 1, if each one is a
separate section), and you can select the entire document and apply
your single font.

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, Robin wrote:
I'm am having problems with my master document and subdocuments. I got the
master created and inserted all my subdocuments. There are a couple of
problems I'm having. The first one is with font. All my font in the
subdocuments are Times New Roman 12. When I insert the sub into the master
some of the fount changes to courier. Is there any way to stop this. The
second problem is with the endnotes. When I insert the subs into the master,
the endnotes are getting rearranged. I have everything good through number 15
then it jumps to 47 and 15 through 17 is way down the list. Also the font is
changing to courier 12 or Times New Roman 10. I also would like to know if
there is a way to move the Bibliography after the endnotes. Thanks in
advance to anyone that helps or trys to help me.

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

When I use the insert file option my endnotes don't show up at all. I also
don't want each chapter to start over at 1. I want them to number in order
through the whole document.

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, Robin wrote:
I'm am having problems with my master document and subdocuments. I got the
master created and inserted all my subdocuments. There are a couple of
problems I'm having. The first one is with font. All my font in the
subdocuments are Times New Roman 12. When I insert the sub into the master
some of the fount changes to courier. Is there any way to stop this. The
second problem is with the endnotes. When I insert the subs into the master,
the endnotes are getting rearranged. I have everything good through number 15
then it jumps to 47 and 15 through 17 is way down the list. Also the font is
changing to courier 12 or Times New Roman 10. I also would like to know if
there is a way to move the Bibliography after the endnotes. Thanks in
advance to anyone that helps or trys to help me.

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

changing the font on the endnotes won't be hard to do, I can highlight them
and change them. What I really need help with is figuring out why my endnotes
have reordered themselves when I inserted the subdocuments they were part of.
I also still need help with moving the bibliography after the endnotes.
Thanks for any help.
Robin

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, Robin wrote:
I'm am having problems with my master document and subdocuments. I got the
master created and inserted all my subdocuments. There are a couple of
problems I'm having. The first one is with font. All my font in the
subdocuments are Times New Roman 12. When I insert the sub into the master
some of the fount changes to courier. Is there any way to stop this. The
second problem is with the endnotes. When I insert the subs into the master,
the endnotes are getting rearranged. I have everything good through number 15
then it jumps to 47 and 15 through 17 is way down the list. Also the font is
changing to courier 12 or Times New Roman 10. I also would like to know if
there is a way to move the Bibliography after the endnotes. Thanks in
advance to anyone that helps or trys to help me.

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You change the font for endnotes by modifying the Endnote Text style. To put
the bibliography after the endnotes, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, Robin wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

I got the bibliography into the document where I want it now. I am still
confused as to why the endnotes reordered themselves. Can you help with that
or give me a web page that might? I have looked everywhere to try to figure
out why this happened and how to fix it without having to retype them all.

On Jul 22, 11:18 am, Robin wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you had endnotes at the end of each document you inserted and inserted
the files in the correct order, this shouldn't have happened. However, if
you did this in Print Layout view, it's possible that you managed to insert
a file between a previous document and its endnotes. It's safer to perform
such operations in Normal view (Draft view in Word 2007), where endnotes are
not displayed, and then Word automatically handles them correctly.

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

I created a master document then inserted each file as a subdocument and they
still reordered themselves. Is there any way to fix this problem?

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From your reply to "grammatim," I thought you had abandoned a master
document and used Insert File to create a single doc.

I have no experience with master documents and don't intend to get any; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm

wrote:
[...]

semboyan semboyan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post

wrote:
[...]

I didn't get the idea and a bit lost about this thread. Can someone explain it to me in details.

Endnotes Rajkumar Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 08 12:53 PM
Endnotes Rajkumar Microsoft Word Help 0 February 7th 08 12:13 AM
How do I convert chapter endnotes into book endnotes? Frustrated Secretary Microsoft Word Help 1 March 5th 06 04:57 PM
endnotes Will Tanaka Microsoft Word Help 2 March 21st 05 05:53 AM
Help with endnotes Michel Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 05 01:26 AM